Looking for a speaker who will engage your audience with an amusing, interesting and informative talk?
Invite published author and inspirational speaker, Rupert Matthews. Whatever the size or make up of your audience, Rupert is an ideal speaker to make your event as memorable as possible.
About the Talks
Rupert’s talks are lively, informative and fun. They are carefully tailored to suit audiences of all backgrounds, ages and tastes. Rupert has spoken successfully to WI, Probus, Round Table, Rotary, U3A and social groups of all kinds as well as to lecture groups, library talks and educational establishments.
All talks come in standard 20 minute, 40 minute and 60 minute versions, plus questions afterwards, but most can be made to suit any time slot you have available. Most talks are illustrated by a screen presentation, though some involve costume changes. Rupert brings his own projector & screen, unless you prefer him to use your facilities.
Rupert offers not only general history talks, but also talks specifically highlighting local areas, such as Surrey, Sussex, Kent, Hampshire or Berkshire or dealing with season events including Christmas, St George's Day, St Patrick's Day and St David's Day. See the listings below.
For how to book Rupert, please scroll down to after the list of talks.
How to Book
You can book Rupert Matthews for your event by phone or by email.
- By Phone. Call Rupert’s wife Joanna on 01737 356197
- By Email. Contact email@example.com
Please remember to include the date and time when you will want Rupert to attend your event.
* Rupert’s standard fee is £70 per booking, plus £25 per hour for over 2 hours.
* Weekend fee is £95 per booking, plus £25 per hour for over 2 hours.
* Travel costs: The first 20 miles from Epsom will be free, after that an expense of 30p per mile will be charged. This will calculated for you at the time of booking. Rupert generally speaks to events in London and Southeast England, but will travel further afield if expenses are met.
* Please note that for bookings in 2018 the standard fee will rise to £75 for a single talk and £250 for a full day.